Edblocks Activity 1
Your students will learn to use their Edison robot, customize their robot with Legos and draw their creation in a journaling page. They will learn how to turn their Edison robot on and off. They will learn to locate the record, stop and play button. They will learn to recognise the parts of the robot including where it's sensors are. Students build Legos on their edison Robots.
What You'll Do:
1. Read the handout "EdBlocks Activity 1: Meet Edison" to your students with lots of class discussion. Pause frequently and allow your students to use their robots to follow along with the activity as you review the EdBlocks activity with the class.
*STEM Coach can choose how many to print, or you may put the instructions on a Smart Board or just discuss.
2. Students use Legos to customize their Edison.
*Provide a lot of Legos for each student to be creative. It is optimal for every student to have their own robot so they can use their creativity to come up with their own special design.
3. Students draw their Edison Lego creations.
- Lots of Legos
- 1 device per student
- 1 Edison robot per student
- 1 download cable per robot
- 4 AAA batteries per robot
STEM Coach Instructions
Print these instructions
Printable Lesson Activity 1: Meet Edison
Student Journal Sheets
Printable Journal Page:
This is my robot creation!
Show this video to your students so they can get to know their Edison Robot.
- collect a bunch of recyclable materials for bird feeder construction